Monday, March 1, 2010

National Peanut Butter Lover's Day


I must have missed the memo that we now have a National Peanut Butter Day. I love peanut butter any day! I'm wondering if there is a National Chocolate Day. Hmm.. maybe that comes next. We can hope. How about a National Chocolate/Peanut Butter day? That would be even better! In honor of peanut butter, I am posting a couple of my favorite peanut butter recipes.


This is a really good cookie.  It is chewy and moist. The best part is that it is super quick and easy to make.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Source: Everyday Food
1 cup smooth peanut butter, I use fresh ground extra crunchy
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional) a must for me, I use at least a teaspoon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Optional: To mix it up, I like to add a 1/3 cup chocolate, 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/3 cup white chocolate chips. I also like to add some dry roasted peanuts for an extra peanut crunch.
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients until smooth, adding chocolate chips at the end of mixing.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with a moistened finger.
Bake for about 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges.
Cool on pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen


Here is a link to another favorite peanut butter cookie, Triple Peanut Cookies. Peanut butter looses a lot of it's flavor when it is baked, so if you are looking for a peanut butter cookie that has a lot of peanut butter flavor, you should give this recipe a try. http://www.recipezaar.com/Triple-Peanut-Cookies-96609


This is a great recipe time when you want something healthier. This is my adaptation of a recipe originally from iVillage.com.

Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
1 egg
1/2 cup crunch peanut butter
1/2 cup banana, very ripe and mashed
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup wheat germ
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, vanilla, sugars, peanut butter and banana. Beat on medium speed until combined and smooth.
Add all dry ingredients and mix until completely blended.
Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheet and bake until lightly brown, between 11 to 13 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.

Peanut Butter Swirl Banana Bread an amazing recipe for banana bread lovers, and/or peanut butter lovers. It is very easy to make and everyone that tried it, loved it. It also comes from one of my favorite blogs, Baking Bites. She has so many great recipes, product reviews and much more. It's a must see. Check out her blog while you are there. http://bakingbites.com/2009/01/peanut-butter-swirl-banana-bread/


These muffins make a great breakfast treat or work as a healthier alternative to cupcakes at a kid's party. Our favorite muffin. 

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Source: About.com
1 cup flour, I use white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons melted butter
Mix buttermilk, egg, banana, peanut butter and butter. Blend until smooth.
Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture. Mix until well blended.
Pour batter into 12 buttered muffin tins.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.


One more recipe, Cold Sesame Noodles. I have tried several recipes, trying to find a really good one. I stopped looking when I found this recipe. This recipe is better than take out! It makes a great side salad or can can be used as a main dish. I have been asked for this recipe many times. I am often asked to make it, which I love to do. I think this recipe is even better the next day, so it is a great dish to make the day before you need it. I often make a double recipe of the sauce, especially when I add strips of cooked chicken breast, to serve as a favorite summertime entree. I make sure all of the chicken is coated with the sauce before adding to the salad. Here you go, enjoy! http://www.recipezaar.com/Cold-Sesame-Noodles-122757













No comments:

Post a Comment