Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bones for the Doggies

Today I decided to make some treats for the dogs. I like their treats to be small so that they can have a couple of them a day, rather than one larger bone. These are small enough that they won't fill up on a bone and then skip a meal. Small dogs, small treats.

I found several great recipes at Bullwinkle.com and decided to try the easiest one first. Here is the recipe.

Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers

Homemade Dog Treats

See Peanut Butter Puppy Poppers on Key Ingredient.



They mixed up very fast in the KitchenAid. I let the paddle do the kneading. I used a small cookie cutter to cut them out and baked them in two batches. They actually smelled good while they were baking, but of course the question is, will the dogs like them? 

 
Buddy and Lucy  begging on their back legs

 
Lucy gobbled hers down and headed for Buddy's treat

 
 It takes Buddy a while because he likes to roll on his treats for a while

 
Lucy came back for another half 

 Buddy back for his second half

 
Lucy is back for more,

 
And so is Buddy. I'd say they love them! They can't stop salivating!
Lucky me, now I'm the boss of this house. I now have all the power. Stubborn Lucy will come running in when I call her in, rather than having a stand off on the other side of the pool, refusing to come in. They are following me around like magnets, absolutely glued to me. It's nice to be the boss again, at least until I run out of treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment