Monday, April 18, 2011

Coconut Scones with Cherry Rhubarb Jam

I had some leftover coconut that I wanted to use up, so I decided to make Coconut Scones. I found a recipe that called for self-rising flour that caught my interest. I don't usually keep self-rising flour in my pantry, but I happened to have some and I wanted to use while it was still fresh.

To make these scones, you use two identical pieces of dough with the jam of your choice spread between the layers. Very easy. I had some cherry rhubarb jam in the fridge so I got started.


The finished product
After they cooled completely, I wrapped them and placed them in freezer bags to bring out when needed. After defrosting, it takes just a couple minutes in the oven and they crisp up and are ready to enjoy!

                               

Coconut Scones with Rhubarb Cherry Jam

       

Jam, Coconut, Scones,

       

        See Coconut Scones with Rhubarb Cherry Jam on Key Ingredient.    

   


Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment