Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pork Verde

What do you do when you are very busy working on a large project and need to make something that you can make once and eat at least twice? I went to the freezer and pulled a boneless pork shoulder roast and covered it with a bottle of this:


I put it in a 300 degree oven and after about two hours I had this:


After some pulling it looked like this:

 There is not one speck of fat on this piece of pork

I made some Funky Refried Beans and we sat down and ate this:


It's not fillet mignon, but it was low fat, nutritious and most of all, easy! Not too bad when you don't have time to cook! The pork roast is from Costco and it comes in a two-pack in the fresh meat area. They always turn out very tender and flavorful.
 
I love it when a meal comes together without much of a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment