Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's Memory Day, really!

I don't think that have told you this yet, but, I know the time has come to get this out in the open. I have a LOT of cookbooks. Not a lot of cookbooks, but a LOT of cookbooks! Hundreds! Really! I am trying to go through my oldest cookbooks and posting the recipes that I used the most from each cookbook. Sometimes it is several recipes and other times it's only one. I am finding  recipes that I had forgotten about, but when I see the flour sprinkles on a page, or a smudge of something else, I know that I made something from that page. As I scan the recipes on the page, my memory is jogged, and I remember where I lived, the kitchen I was cooking in and who I was cooking or baking for.

I have found that most of the recipes I have posted to date are because of a memory and it is possible that some of them I may never make again, but they were really great recipes and worth passing on. Over time our food preferences have changed and I have changed the way and what I cook. I usually only bake when I am entertaining or to give to someone. Also, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes! It will take a little while, but before too long I will be posting recipes for foods that we eat now.

So in honor of Memory Day, yes, it's today, I'm not kidding, I'm posting some more recipes that are but a faint memory from the past. Of times past when our kids were growing up and we sat around the table and ate our meals together. You know, those bittersweet memories, from times that are sadly, long past.

Here you will find another assorted collection of recipes from a few of my cookbooks.

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

This recipe is adapted from "Hand Me Down Recipes" by ...

See Stuffed Cabbage Rolls on Key Ingredient.



Stuffed Grape Leaves

These can be served hot as an entree or cold ...

See Stuffed Grape Leaves on Key Ingredient.



Zucchini Bread

See Zucchini Bread on Key Ingredient.



Kolaches

This recipe is from "Amber Waves" by the Junior League ...

See Kolaches on Key Ingredient.



Pecan Rolls

This recipe is adapted from "Amber Waves" by the Junior ...

See Pecan Rolls on Key Ingredient.



Orange Sweet Rolls

This recipe is adapted from "Amber Waves" by Junior League ...

See Orange Sweet Rolls on Key Ingredient.



Super-duper French Dressing

This recipe is taken from "Our Favorite Recipes Cook Book ...

See Super-duper French Dressing on Key Ingredient.



Blue Cheese Dressing

This is the salad dressing that we pair with my ...

See Blue Cheese Dressing on Key Ingredient.



Butter-Crunch Crust

This recipe is addapted from "The Kitchen Experience" by Jane ...

See Butter-Crunch Crust on Key Ingredient.



I'm hoping that getting these recipes posted here will inspire me to let go of some of my older cookbooks, you know, lighten the load! That's not a promise, just a wish!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment