Monday, April 19, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake and More!

I don't think I have ever met a person that didn't like strawberries. I'm sure that many people don't, but our family definitely likes strawberries and every other berry available. I always have to laugh when I see Wiley sneak into his mom's refrigerator and nab a strawberry or two and stuff them in his mouth. That boy has strawberry and blueberry radar! He can smell them a mile away! His brother Ivan is a big berry fan too. Yesterday I spent some time with Ivan and the first thing he ate off of his lunch plate was the big juicy blackberries! After he had eaten those, it was hard to convince him to eat anything else.

I am really happy that I re-found these berry recipes and especially the recipe for the shortcake. I made this for years, using juicy strawberries from Oregon and Washington. In my opinion, this is a no-fail recipe because it came out perfect every time I made it. 

Speedy Shortcake

This recipe came from the June 1999 issue of Redbook ...

See Speedy Shortcake on Key Ingredient.


The following recipes are also from the June 1999 issue of Red book magazine. You can substitute the strawberries in these recipes for any berry, cherry or fresh peaches. They are require very few ingredients and are very easy to make. These recipes have always turned out very good!

Fruit Tart 1-2-3

This recipe came from the June 1999 Redbook magazine. Very ...

See Fruit Tart 1-2-3 on Key Ingredient.


Frozen Berry Mousse

This recipe is from the June 1999 issue of Redbook ...

See Frozen Berry Mousse on Key Ingredient.


Quick and Easy Berry Cobbler

This recipe is from the June 1999 issue of Redbook ...

See Quick and Easy Berry Cobbler on Key Ingredient.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment