Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blog Surfing Saturday

If you like coconut like I do, this Coconut Pudding with Caramel Sauce found on Martha Stewart, would make a very elegant dessert after a nice meal. It can be made ahead and is easy to serve. This is a different type of caramel sauce than I have ever made, but I watched them make this on her show and it looked so easy. I have never put egg yolks in caramel sauce, but I really liked the texture that I saw while watching them make it and I would like to give this recipe a try.

Want to wake up in the morning with fresh cookies in the oven? If your answer was yes, these Forgotten Cookies from Cookie Madness would be what you are looking for. The recipe calls for butterscotch chips and pecans, but you could use any flavored chip and any chopped nut to change it up.

The tile coasters caught my eye, but Little Birdie Secrets has many projects to make, from quilts to custom cards. The paper roses also caught my eye. Every project has great instructions and most have pictures and some videos. She also has recipes, including a chocolate cheesecake made with tofu.

The $5 Dinners mom has lots of coupons and recipes to help you put a meal on the table for five dollars or less. She lived with her family as missionaries for several years and learned how to stretch a dollar. She shares her strategies on her blog. 


Here is another interesting blog that is worth checking out. The Happy Housewife: Living Well on Less has lots of practical advice on getting organized, getting healthier, living on/with less and cleaning up your life, literally! Most of us have a junk drawer or a closet that needs to be cleaned and organized. Right now she has a series, Clean Home, Fresh Start, to help create a clean and clutter free home. 

As long as we are on the subject of cleaning up and paring down, on Tried and True Cooking with Heidi, I found this formula for making homemade liquid and powdered laundry soap. It never crossed my mind to make my own, but it looks so easy, especially the powdered detergent. Talk about saving money, one batch makes 3 cups powdered detergent and with that you can wash 40 loads of laundry. I have heard for years that the content of the detergent we buy is mostly fillers. I'm going to at least make a batch and I will let you know in a future post about my results. The original for formula comes from the Duggar Family website.


On The Changeable Table, I found a really cute idea for making eating a little more fun for kids. It seems like one week they will eat anything and the next week they hardly eat a thing, so this might make eating a little more fun for the kids. She called it sbugetti dogs and I think Wiley would love it! Can't wait to make it for him!

1 comment:

  1. I had to stop by and let you know how much I enjoyed reading your profile...so much like me:). You have a wonderful blog.~Ellie

    ReplyDelete