Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sourdough Recipes

I am posting my favorite sourdough recipes. You need a sourdough starter for the recipes I am posting.  If you don't have a sourdough starter, it is very easy to make. Look for my post labeled, "How to make a sourdough starter".

This is a very easy recipe for 2 loafs of Sourdough French Bread. You need to allow about 1 1/2 hours from start until ready to eat.

This recipe is for Sourdough Pancakes. You need to start this pancake batter the night before so that it can sit out at room temperature overnight. The following morning, you add the remaining ingredients. If you like sourdough pancakes, these are really good. I have made these for house guests and they were a big hit!

Buckwheat isn't something you hear about much anymore, but my hubby grew up eating because his father really liked it. It isn't exactly strong tasting, but I would say it is an acquired taste. When I found this recipe I knew I had to try it. He loved them.

These waffles make a very light and crisp waffle, just like the recipe says. You need to start the batter the night before so that it has at least 8 hours to sit. They put together easily in the morning. I have served these to house guests and everyone loved them.



  
Don't forget to change your clocks. Spring ahead.  We will loose an hour of sleep, but not if we go to bed an hour earlier tonight. I know that it is especially hard on kids and pets. I have had an extra hard time adjusting to Standard time since the fall and I just felt like my body adjusted to it about two weeks ago. But, I still love daylight savings time! I have been counting down the weeks since January.

I love it when it stays light later. I have always loved that part of it! In my opinion, the best thing that George W. Bush did for us was sign a bill in 2005, extending DST an extra 4 weeks. Thanks, W! The only thing that would be better is if it lasted year-round. California has had a bill pending that would keep the state of California on year-round DST. I hope it goes through someday soon so we don't have to Fall Back again in October.



No comments:

Post a Comment