Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wiley's Birthday Dinner

Happy Wiley arriving for his party at gramma and papa's house
Where has all the time gone! It doesn't seem possible, but Wiley turned 4! Wiley had quite a hard time waiting for his birthday day to actually come. The week before, he woke up every morning super early, waking up his mom and dad to find out if this day was finally the day! Well that day finally came and we had a great time celebrating Wiley!

A few days before the big day, I asked Wiley what he wanted to eat at his birthday party and his response was, "Macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, broccoli, squash and zucchini". "And popcorn, gramma, lots of popcorn!" That was too easy! My next question was what kind of birthday cake did he want, and his response was, "Gramma, I'm allergic to cake, (news to me), but I do like cupcakes." What kind of cupcakes would you like Wiley? "I would like vanilla cupcakes with lots of frosting with raspberries, blueberries, oranges and strawberries." Wow, that was so easy! It didn't take me more than 2 minutes to write out my birthday party plan.

I won't bore you with all the details of the day and a half I worked preparing for the birthday. Let's just say it didn't magically come together, but I had a great time preparing everything, wanting it to be very special for the birthday boy.

Shoeless Ivan making his way up the stairs
Lots of balloons everywhere
4 dozen to be exact
Time with Uncle
Checking everything out with mommy
Popcorn was the first thing he spotted in the kitchen
Mommy and cousins
Great auntie and Elias
Great auntie Lori and mommy
Part of our dinner
Salad
My plate

Too bad Wiley didn't eat more than two bites and four licks that night. He had the "I can't believe it's finally my birthday and all these people are here for me and I'm not hungry, I just want to open my presents" jitters in his tummy!

The baked chicken tenders were a huge hit! Even the grownups enjoyed them. I plan to make a batch up and freeze them to have on hand when the boys stay for dinner. I am happy to share the following recipes.

                               

Baked Chicken Tenders

       

Chicken Tenders,

       

        See Baked Chicken Tenders on Key Ingredient.    

   


                               

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

       

Honey, mustard, dipping sauce,

       

        See Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce on Key Ingredient.    

   

These pictures are especially for you, Gramma Barb and Grandpa Mike! We all missed you very much!

Tomorrow I will have pictures of the party and presents.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment