Monday, April 11, 2011

Orange-Ginger Oatmeal Scones

I enjoy mixing different flavors and spices together, especially in baked goods. On this particular day, oatmeal with orange and ginger sounded good, so I decided to make scones. If you prefer a subtle taste of ginger, I would suggest using one teaspoon of ginger instead of the two+ teaspoons that I used. I use Penzys ginger because I prefer it to the others brands in my cupboard. In my opinion, their spices have a more intense flavor, probably due to their freshness. I can't get enough of their ginger. That is why I usually add at least twice the amount called for in a recipe. I was very happy with how they turned out. 

Especially nice served warm with someone special!

                                  

Orange-Ginger Oatmeal Scones

         

Ginger, Orange, Oatmeal,

         

        See Orange-Ginger Oatmeal Scones on Key Ingredient.     

    

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment