Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm The One in the Cute Little Mini-Dress

Have you noticed all the cute, short mini-dresses being worn this spring? Like Jennifer Hudson on Dancing with the Stars in her pouffy, purple mini-dress with her shiny purple heels? 

It was really cute on her!

I am a big fan of clothing trends, but regarding my wardrobe for "Spring 2011," I'm sorry to say, there won't be any cute, colorful mini-dresses for me this spring or summer. Alas, that ship has been launched, sailed and is now retired! This gramma will leave that trend for the younger generation this time around.


One of my first pouffy mini-dresses

Don't feel sorry for me, I wore those cute, pouffy dresses with several pouffy slips underneath to make it even more pouffy, in my day, a few years back.
 

I even played outside in my pouffy mini-dresses

Ok, so maybe it's been more than a few years. It is hard to admit, but it has actually been over 50 years ago that I wore those cute little pouffy mini-dresses! 

My younger sister and I in our pouffy mini-dresses

You know what they say,"What's old is new again", but in this case, I don't think they are referring to 56-year-old grammas wearing pouffy mini-dresses this spring! Not this gramma, anyway! I will leave that for the 20 year-olds.

At least I have cute pictures!

P.S. I think I might need a little therapy coming to terms with that "It's been over 50 years" realization! Seriously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment