Friday, July 23, 2010

Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream - hold the Cream

This is a very quick and easy frozen treat that you can whip up without an ice cream maker. I found the original recipe on Tasty Kitchen, but I don't seem to follow recipes that well. I like to put my own spin on a recipe that will make it, for me, even better. I know, it's a bad habit.

This recipe is completely dairy-free. You need three sliced frozen bananas, two tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1-2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, a splash of vanilla and between 1/4 to 1/3 cups of almond milk. You put them all in the blender and push the blend button! 

Once you push the button, you will think that it isn't going to work! But don't worry, it will! It will stall out, so be careful not to burn out the motor on your blender. Keep repositioning the bananas with a spatula. Eventually it will all come together. Add a little more almond milk to help it blend better.

Eventually, it will look something like this: Very creamy!

This is messy because I had already taken some of it out to put in the freezer.

The thing about bananas, when they are frozen they become very creamy which makes a great base for pseudo ice cream! It does melt very fast so if you aren't going to have some right away, I would put it right into the freezer while it still has some form to it. The mixture below was put right into the freezer and then taken out about 20 minutes later for it's picture.

 This is the finished low sugar, low fat, non-dairy treat!

Enjoy! 


Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister-in-law, Dee! 
I hope that you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment