Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's all about the Ewes and Lambs

I could have spent the whole week just watching and listening to the ewes and their lambs! I didn't even mind when they woke me up at the crack of dawn with their bleats and blats!

There was always one ewe that was on guard, checking me out, making sure I didn't get too close!

They didn't hear me coming. I was tip-toeing across the gravel!

Playing following the leader, heading back to the other side of the field.

This ewe saw me coming and sent the distress call to the others.

They all got the message.

They are all hi-tailing it!

They got as far away from me as they possibly could.


Being a city girl, I always wondered how a lamb could find it's mom or vice versa. After hearing all of the blats, cries, unearthly sounds coming out of these sheep and lambs for a week, I could see that sheep don't actually say Baa! They all have a distinctive pitch, sound and cry, and I now understand.

Sheep are amazing creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment