Thursday, June 24, 2010

Almond-Raspberry Cake

I found this recipe at CookiePie and thought it sounded fairly easy and I had all of the ingredients, so why not! Actually, I just remembered, when my dear hubby went to wash the raspberries for me, there was some ugly mold on some of them, so, he offered to make an unexpected trip to the store to get some more. He was gone a little longer than I was expecting and, of course, the first two stores (and the closest stores) were out of raspberries, so he finally found some at the third store. So again, thank you, dear hubby!

There is nothing tricky or hard about this recipe. I used a 9-inch spring-form pan. I cut a piece of parchment paper for the bottom of the pan and sprayed everything with Baker's Joy spray. It doesn't have any complicated steps, and it comes together very fast. 



The almond paste makes this a very dense cake, and it looks like it would go well with a cup of coffee or as a dessert after dinner. It would be a great treat to bake and take somewhere because it would travel well. It didn't end up quite as easy as I was expecting, considering the trip to three different stores. Just make sure you check your raspberries before you start!

                                  

Almond-Raspberry Cake

         

Almond-Raspberry cake,

         

        See Almond-Raspberry Cake on Key Ingredient.     

    
Key Ingredient is still having technical problems. It won't upload the picture.

I sent this little cake to work with my dear hubby. He called and said it got rave reviews!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment