Monday, May 31, 2010

Blog Surfing


I have never considered eating eggs poached in tomato sauce, but Hangover Eggs look good and I know my dear hubby would love them. It looks so easy and I'm thinking that I will really enjoy them too. Stacey Snacks also has a recipe for Tarte Provencal, a Ratatouille baked on puff pastry topped with goat cheese and  fresh basil. Yum!


Summer Suppers has a great looking  recipe for Beet Carpaccio with Goat Cheese and Mint looks like it would make a wonderful summer salad. We love summer salads, beets and anything with goat cheese.

Life's a Feast has a way with words and beautiful pictures. I also loved the way this Strawberry Rhubarb Compote with Genoise  looked so pretty in the clear cups. The compote on the bottom and the small cake on top.

It's that time when school is almost out and you might be looking for graduation gifts that won't break the bank for that special graduate. Life as Mom has some ideas for this and Frugal Friday with tips for frugal living too!

Do you like buckwheat? These Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes are healthy and easy to make. Thanks to Taste of Home.

Our Best Bites has a recipe for Easy White Cake that does look very easy. It uses a white cake mix as the base. They all but guarantee you will have perfectly round and smooth cupcakes or cake. There is also a recipe for vanilla or chocolate frosting.

These Souffled Cheddar Egg Nests would make a very special breakfast for two. They are a little bit like Eggs Benedict without the english muffin. Found on eating/sf.

These Spicy Grilled Fish Tacos are one our menu for Memorial Day weekend. I will make these Funky Refried Beans and a side salad and dinner is served. Thanks to Tasty Kitchen.

A Feast for the Eyes just won the grand prize with her recipe for Eggs in Baskets with Candied Bacon in a contest that Eggland's Best held.

I found this interesting article on The Kitchen blog about Freezing Cheese. I always wonder if it's a good idea or not, so I found this article full of information and guidelines on freezing cheese. There was also a beautiful summer recipe for
No-Bake Strawberry Ice Box Cake. It is a perfect dessert to make ahead. It make a beautiful presentation with graham crackers, whipped cream and strawberries with a drizzle of chocolate. It is beautiful!

Cookie Baker Lynn has a brownie recipe that caught my eye. Chocolate Cherry Brownies with Chocolate Cherry Ganache. All I can say is Oh my! 

Memorial Day weekend is a great time to start barbecuing, if you have started yet. We have a smoker that we haven't used and I'm glad I found these recipies for Barbeque and Smoking. Thanks to About.com.

With summer kicked off Epicurious has some ideas for Summer Entertaining.

This summer I plan to grill as much as possible. This info on how to cook grilled pizza on the barbecue is going to come in handy. Serious Eats has helpful tips to make it successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment