Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pesto

About 25-30 years ago, I remember hearing people buzzing about Pesto. Pesto with this and Pesto with that! I could eat it every day, etc. When I found out that Pesto was green and it was ground up leaves and olive oil, and a few other things, I decided that I definitely would not like it. Finally, someone said just try a little on some noodles. We tried it and we have been hooked ever since. This is the first recipe given to me for Pesto by the person that convinced us to try it. I have used this recipe as my base, changing it here and there to suit our taste. One of our favorite meals is Chicken and Mushroom Pesto with Cashews. We loved to go to Pastaworks on Hawthorne Blvd. in Portland on Saturday to choose a homemade pasta and a great loaf of bread. The kids wouldn't touch it, didn't like the smell or sight of it, so we would fix it for ourselves on Saturday nights, after the kids were in bed. We still love our Pesto nights!

Pesto

See Pesto on Key Ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment