Friday, April 1, 2011

The Lambs

I enjoyed going out to the farm this week to check on the lambs. I only made it to this particular field where there were 15 lambs and 5 ewes, and that is because these lambs are all sets of triplets. The ewes with twin lambs are in another field and the single lambs are also in their own field. All of the ewes have different nutritional needs depending on the number of lambs they birthed. Keeping them separated insures that both the ewes and lambs are getting enough nutrition and allows Doug the shepherd to monitor them. They are really growing fast! The ewes and their lambs were very relaxed and didn't seem to mind me hanging out in their space. Next time I visit the farm, I hope I will be able to get pictures of the other groups.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment