Friday, February 4, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes it is the simplest things that can bring a smile. I would have to confess, every time I walk into my kitchen and see little Miss Cow sitting on my island, I just have to smile.

The view of her best side

The view of her back side   
(please don't tell her I published this picture of her derriere)



I am so happy to see my one-year old grandson, Ivan, smiling again. He was a very sick little boy for about 10 days. He had a very bad case of the flu and ended up extremely dehydrated. He wouldn't eat or drink. He was sent to the hospital for an IV, but they couldn't get the IV in because his veins were collapsed. They called in a trauma team that tried numerous places and finally found a vein that was viable. He went from that to walking pneumonia. I am so thankful that he is back to his cute little self again, and was able to spend some one-on-one time at gramma's house this week.


As soon as we walked in the door of our house, he said, "Pancakes." So gramma made him pancakes. 

Simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment