Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Granola

It has been months since I made fresh baked granola, and I have missed it! I have bought a couple different granola's, but they just don't compare to homemade. The store-bought granola is usually quite spendy, and I have not found one that really enjoy. 

When I saw this recipe for Peanut Butter Granola, from Baking with Boys, it sounded good, looked quick and easy and I couldn't resist making it. I used a combination of unsalted dry roasted peanuts and unsalted dry roasted almond slivers for the nuts. I used dried cherries in place of the raisins and omitted the chocolate. The smell in the house was amazing as it baked. I baked my batch for 10 minutes, turned the oven off and set the timer for 12 minutes. I like my oats toasted a little darker and they turned out just the way I like it. This isn't a "crunchy" granola, but it's really good on yogurt!


If you decide to make this granola,

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment