Friday, December 24, 2010

Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hope that all your Christmas shopping is finished, cookies are baked and you have the luxury of taking it easy for a while. I have one more recipe to share that I made for the Wolfe Christmas gathering. I saw an idea for switching up the average chocolate chip cookie a couple of years ago and decided to give it a try with my own twist this year.

My goal was to make cookie chips and add them to chocolate, making a kind of cookie cluster. First, I made the cookie dough and put it in a pastry bag with a Wilton decorating tip and started trying to squeezing it through the tip to make the cookie chips. I think it would have been easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle. I had to put it aside and head to Michael's Arts and Crafts for a larger tip.

An hour later, even with the larger tip, I had about a third of the dough through the tip. I baked the tray that I had filled, baked them and I was very happy with how they turned out. I knew that I had just given all the time I had to that cookie chip making process so I rolled the rest of the dough onto a cookie sheet and baked it until brown, about 13-15 minutes. After it cooled, I broke it into chip sized pieces and set them aside.



I melted about 3/4 of a 17.6 ounce bar of Trader Joe's Belgium Milk Chocolate and added the broken cookie chips to the chocolate. I would suggest melting the chocolate in the microwave, beginning with 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval. As the chocolate becomes more melted, stop to stir in 15 second intervals. When the chocolate is completely melted, let it sit for about 10 minutes so that it can set up a little bit. (In general, this will help the chocolate stick to the cookie chips or anything else you would ever add to chocolate to make a cluster).

Next, I added the broken cookie chips and folded them in, using a large spatula. I spooned the mixture onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet and let them sit for a couple minutes. I then placed the cookie chips on top of these clusters for a nice looking presentation. I let them cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Viola! Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookies or Coni's Chocolate Cookie Chip Clusters!

                                       

Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookies

         

chocolate chips, cookies, chocolate,

         

        See Inside-Out Chocolate Chip Cookies on Key Ingredient.     

    


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment