Monday, November 10, 2014

Country Pork Ribs with Apples and Sauerkraut

This is our favorite fall meal. I came across this recipe way back in 2008 and have been making it every year since. I was convinced I must have shared this recipe here but apparently not. After I had taken several pictures that didn't look appetizing, it became clear why I have withheld this recipe. It doesn't present well in a picture! Nothing seemed to help. High light, low light...not very appetizing. I will post a small picture of it, but trust me, don't judge this recipe by the picture. It is warm comfort in a bowl. Trust me!

This recipe makes 8-10 servings so invite the neighbors over for dinner. I like to freeze leftovers in portions for the two of us. The are even better the second time around. Another thing I do is make the recipe the day before we are going to eat it. This really melds all the flavors together and there is another benefit too. The extra fat solidifies on top and you can pull it off with a fork or spatula before you warm it up to serve. You can cook on simmer on your stove top, cook it all day in your slow cooker or in your oven for a couple hours on a medium heat setting.



I hope you like this as much as we do!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment