Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Split Pea Soup with Garlic Croutons

As the holidays are upon us with parties and gatherings, I find it harder to be in control of my diet. I decided that my best choice is to make sure our meals at home are healthy, low fat and lower calories. Also keeping plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits available helps. It leaves a little more wiggle room when we are eating away from home.

So, we will be eating a lot of soup, mostly bean soups with a little meat. It needs to be hearty so dear hubby doesn't miss that meat! Here is a recipe I developed today that turned out really good. Dear hubby loved it and so did I. We will enjoy it for a couple of nights this week. 

                               

Split Pea Soup

       

Split pea, Soup, Smoked Ham Shank,

       

        See Split Pea Soup on Key Ingredient.    

   


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment