Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

Veterans Day isn't always a happy day. To all those that have lost a family member to war, I am so sorry and our thoughts and prayers are with you. Our prayers are with all those who have family members today. 

My dad served in the Navy during the Korean war. He was stationed in Hawaii and I was born there while he was in service. Thank you dad, for doing your part to make this world a safer and better place.




And, to my dear hubby who did his part by serving during the Vietnam war, you will always be my hero!

At the motel pool in Carmel

This picture was taken in 1970 when my future dear hubby was in basic training and then cook school at Fort Ord Base in California. My future mom and dad-in-law took me with them on a road trip to see him when he had a break and was able to leave the base. I was 16 years old. We all stayed in a motel in Carmel by the sea... a truly beautiful place. Fort Ord was closed down several years ago but you can still drive around inside the base. The barracks and cook school looked exactly the same. When he returned, he served out of Camp Withycombe in Clackamas Oregon for several years. Thanks hon!

No comments:

Post a Comment