Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Banana Banana Bread

Ready to go, but the mini chips kept falling off.
This recipe for banana bread is from another treat that I made for the ladies get-together last week. I have several recipes for banana that are tried and true, but for some crazy reason, I went on a search for a new recipe! Why do I do that? I don't know! We are suppose to learn from our mistakes! Sometimes I learn nothing! Why, oh, why I do not know! I usually write the month and year on the recipes I use, so that I know when I made them, and most importantly, I write notes on what worked and what to do different next time. I also write who I made it for, which helps so I don't always make the same thing for the same people. You would think I would take advantage of that info. But no, not me, I'm always looking to add a little extra stress to the situation by using a recipe I know nothing about. 

Wrapped and ready
I found a recipe at food.com and made a few changes. The recipe went together very easy, but unfortunately, I over baked it, which is the worst thing you can do with quick bread, next to over mixing! I have written my notes on this recipe now and I will try hard to keep my banana bread moist next time! Because I realized before I left the house, at 7:40 a.m. that the bread was dry, I whipped up some spread as a topping. I mixed about 5 ounces of fat free cream cheese, about 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter, about 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, a touch of vanilla and a little milk. I whipped it until it was very fluffy and spread easily. Peanut butter and bananas, what's not to love? I guess I forgot to try it, but it passed the dear hubby test and everyone that tried the spread said it was really good. I will probably make it again, now that I have all my notes written on what not to do!

                               

Banana Banana Bread

       

Banana, Quick Bread,

       

        See Banana Banana Bread on Key Ingredient.    

   


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment