Friday, October 8, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies and Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Toffee and Dried Cherries

I made both of these recipes in the last six weeks and gave them to different familys. I keep recipes I have made in a notebook(s) that pass my keeper-worthy tests; the recipe needs to be easy to follow, it can't have too many complicated steps or ingredients and it needs rave reviews. These recipes got rave reviews and are definitely worth keeping! 

The batch of these Cherry Chocolate Chip Toffee cookies turned out great. They are very easy to put together if you have the ingredients, mainly the dried cherries and toffee pieces. They turned out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I made them about a year ago and they turned out really good and were worth making again.

The original recipe is from Martha Stewart called Torie's Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies. When I made them, I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips in place of the chocolate chunks. We prefer the tart dried cherries for the extra burst of cherry flavor. I have found when I use other dried cherries, it tastes like raisins, not cherries. I also used the Heath Bar toffee pieces that you will find near the chocolate chips on the baking isle.



This recipe was adapted from the Martha Stewart website.


                                  

Cherry Chocolate Toffee Cookies

         

Cherries, Chocolate, Toffee, Cookies,

         

        See Cherry Chocolate Toffee Cookies on Key Ingredient.     

    


These cookies use some of the same ingredients, but with the addition of cocoa powder to the dough. I made these for another family and got rave reviews on these also. I can't believe it, but I didn't get any pictures. I have searched through my picture files because I though I must be overlooking them, but there isn't even one picture.I first saw this recipe at the website, ReTorte, and it is originally from the cookbook, In the Sweet Kitchen by Regan Daley.

                               

Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Toffe and Dried Cherries

       

Chocolate, Cherry, Skor Bits, Cookies,

       

        See Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Toffe and Dried Cherries on Key Ingredient.    

   


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment