Monday, May 3, 2010

My Laundry Experiment Follow-up

It is time for a follow up to our laundry experiment now that we have used up and shared our first batch of Homemade Powdered Laundry Soap. It was time to make another batch so this time we doubled the recipe! So, that means we like it. Actually, we love it and so do those that we shared it with!

If you are considering making it yourself, I have a few observations to share. In my experience, the yellow soap particles only grated down so small and I thought they might be too big because they always seemed to be floating up to the top of the dry mixture. I thought it might need to be stirred every time I used it, but that is not an issue. I also thought that when I got down to the bottom of my container that it would have all white detergent with none of the yellow soap particles, but that didn't happen.

I was concerned if our clothes were getting clean enough when I lifted the lid of my washer and there weren't any suds visible, just plain clean looking water. After all, it was only one tablespoon of detergent, but I resisted the urge to add more. I was one of those people that needed to see the suds to feel like my clothes are getting clean. When I took them out of the washer, they smelled and felt clean and fresh.  There will not be visible suds because there isn't any sudsing agent. We believe that our clothes are even cleaner and whiter now and they smell very fresh!

Now, after two weeks of using this soap, I can say from experience, this is a great laundry soap. You should really consider making it yourself.

Homemade Powdered Laundry Soap

No reason to spend your money on laundry soap with ...

See Homemade Powdered Laundry Soap on Key Ingredient.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment