Thursday, May 20, 2010

Almond Coconut Granola

Have you ever had one of those days when everything you try to do doesn't work out? You try to start a project you planned and find you are missing something you? Everything you try to do would need a trip to the store and you just weren't planning on a shopping trip? I finally decided I would make some granola and then, or course, I was missing the coconut oil that I wanted to use. Rather than give it up, I started looking through my granola recipes to find one that I had all of the ingredients on hand to make. Well, I was missing something on every recipe, so I decided to improvise and use the ingredients that I did have.

I found a basic granola recipe and started adding to it until I had what I though would work together. Instead of using vegetable oil I used olive oil. I replaced the maple syrup with a combination of honey, coconut syrup and some vanilla. It looked quite wet when I poured it onto the baking pan so I hoping it would turn out. 

Yes, it turned out great! When the dear hubby came home and tried it, he gave it an A+! Yeah! I was able to start and finish a project, and it came out better than expected!

Coconut Almond Granola

A crunchy granola with coconut and almonds and glazed with ...

See Coconut Almond Granola on Key Ingredient.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment